Friday, December 11, 2009

7 weeks

I'm 7 weeks +1 now. This weeks I've been getting queasy, especially when I wake up in the morning. I've been eating but NOTHING sounds good to me. Sometimes just the thoughts of eating makes me feel slightly queasy. This is new for me, as I never felt sick with the girls. I've been exhausted lately. I actually am about to take a nap after I finish writing this. I'm always hungry, which in return makes me feel queasy. Kinda weird huh? Well, Ryan bought me a fetal heart doppler for my birthday. I got it from eBay and it just came in a few days ago. I have tried it although I know it's WAY too early to hear our little ones heart quite yet. O' well, I'll keep trying till I hear it. I did have another ultrasound today along with another visit with the doctor. I have lost 4 pounds since the 2nd of this month. That's crazy to me. I don't see how. I'm sure to gain it back very soon though. The heartbeat was 120 bpm. The bleeding MAY be coming from the other horn in my uterus. Remember that I have a bicournate uterus. She (the tech) said that I may continue to bleed throughout my pregnancy b/c of my uterus. She said the lining in the other side is still thick and is still shedding. The side that the baby is in is not shedding at all, so that's good. Here is a pic to give you an idea of what a bicournate uterus looks lie before and during pregnancy.





So everything was ok. I go back on the 30th for all the history paper work. I then go back in the 1st week of Jan for my finger prick (genetics for downs) then I go back in my 11th week for the ultra screening u/s for downs and other genetics.

Oh yeah, don't forget to check out my pregnancy photos. You can link to it by clicking "my pregnancy photos" in the upper right hand side of this blog. You won't be seeing much now as I'm still small and the baby is only the size of a blueberry. Give it time though...I'll have a baby belly before you know it! ;)

8 comments:

Lea said...

Yay, Carly. Very happy to learn your news. This next part of your journey is a tough one, but also very hopeful!

Thinking of you

Unknown said...

Glad to hear all is well with your pregnancy so far! I'll continue praying for you & LO! I am now 7w3d and this pregnancy is so diff from my previous one!

xx

Andrea said...

Yea, I'm rallying you to the finish line! So happy you found out the cause of the bleeding and can ease your mind a bit.

And, you got your doppler! Awesome...now you can check in on your little bean :) I feel confident you'll pick up the heartbeat on doppler soon.

Thanks for sharing the info on bicornate uterus. I have a tipped uterus, not the same, but another of natures quirks :) Makes us different, or special :) Ha, ha...

Maria said...

This sounds mean but I am so happy you have morning sickness as that is a good sign of a nice healthy pregnancy. Looking forward to following along on your journey to baby...

Malory said...

Congrats! Love to read these updates.

Bridget said...

You look fabulous Carly! Fantastic to hear that all is going well for you, hopefully you'll get your appetite back soon!

kissesfromanangel.blogspot.com

Holly said...

That's awesome you got a doppler. That'll be nice to be able to hear your baby's heartbeat whenever you like.

Michelyn said...

I am so happy for you..your stories just touch my heart and to hear how strong you are thru all of this is just amazing to me...I am 19 wks 3 days with my 4th baby but I still worry constantly about everything...lol as any and all mothers due and I pray that you will have your wish this time because you truly are an amazing person...watching your pregnancy video made me feel as if you were just a friend down the street and someone so easy to get along with...it was all just amazing....keep us posted and update often I am going to see you thru all of this as well even if only in prayers and thoughts!!!

Thinking of you all...