Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's been a while!

It's been quite sometime since I've written a post here.

I did get married on the 14th of February. It was real nice. We had it at the retirement home so all of our residents (family) could be their to share in that special moment. So it's official...I'm an Elliotte now!

The little baby that I was asking for prayers for, Baby Jake, well the good Lord called him home. So please keep his family in your prayers for comfort and strength during these times.

As far as the girl that is pregnant with the baby who the doctors are saying will not survive, well she doesn't want to talk to me or anyone else. I have to say I completely understand. I too for a little while didn't want to talk to anyone either. So all I can ask is that everyone pray for her comfort and strength.

I had quite a surprise in the mail the other day. I got a card from someone I don't know. In the card was a check for $100. The check had a name on it but not one I knew. I actually don't even know any from where the card came from. This was such a blessing to our family. We have been low on funds this past week. We are having to pay our taxes and our regular mortgage and utilities. So with the taxes being an added bill it left us near broke. So if you are reading this and you are the one who sent the check, thank you! You have truly blessed our family this week. Isn't God good!?!?! He knows just when to step in!

I've been working a lot lately trying to get some overtime in to make extra money so we can save for our LATE honeymoon. We are hoping to go on a cruise. Time will tell if we will actually be able to do this. I hope we can though. I've never been but I've heard it's really nice.

Well only 4 more days till the anniversary of Carly's death. It's hard to believe it's been a year since she has gone home. I think of my girls often but I really been thinking about them a lot lately. i have a memory box for both girls with all of their belongings in it. I've been wanting to open them and look through their things but I have yet been able to bring my self to do it.

Well hopefully it won't be as long before I post next time. Until then, God Bless!!!

4 comments:

Breanna said...

Congrats on your wedding.

Wow, what a blessing. There still are some kind-hearted people in this world.

The Woollard Family said...

Congratulations on getting married!

If y'all plan on going on a cruise around April, let me know!! My husband and I are going on a cruise to Mexico from April 20th through April 25th and we've been looking for another couple to go with us. We never had a honeymoon so we are going for our 5th year wedding anniversary.

Jennifer said...

http://www.mycharmingkids.net/2009/02/mckcruise.html

Michele said...

That is such a blessing. God bless your family.