Friday, August 22, 2008

My Intro...

Well for those who know me this will be a very short repeat of info then off to new stuff. I became pregnant last year and was due to deliver our daughter Carly Nicole on 2/4/08. We had several complications. She had a brain defect that was known about while I was still pregnant. She was a very small baby. At 18 weeks she began to slow her growth or should I say they noticed that she was 2 weeks behind in growth. Well I was followed very close by a high risk OB. As time went on she grew less and less and eventually became stressed. I wound up with pre-eclampsia that wasn't noticed until I was admitted to the hospital. I delivered my daughter via C-section 12 weeks early at 28w3d. She weighed a whoping 13 ounces and was 10 inches long. Well as time went on she grew and started to become a "big" little baby. Six days shy of her 4 month birthday she passed away from a heart defect. We found out of the heart defect the day she passed. There was nothing we could do for her. She never came home but will remain in our hearts forever! If you want more info on that you can read her blog at carlynicoleelliotte.blogspot.com

Now new news for those who don't know me. After losing our daughter we became pregnant again one month later. Things with this pregnancy have been for the most part pretty good. I had my first ultrasound at 5 weeks and we got to see her little heart beat. She measured right on time from my LMP (last menstrual period). I had been seeing both my regular OB and a high risk OB because of my past pregnancy. So then I also had an ultrasound at 11 weeks, 14 weeks 15 weeks and 18 weeks. All of these ultrasounds show good growth and my latest one at 18 weeks also show no signs of any defects! So my high risk OB decides that seeing as how there are no known defects and the baby is measuring on time he can release me from his care. He tells me he only needs to see me again if the baby stops or slows her growth or something else comes up that needs to be tended to. This is just amazing to me! I can't beleive how big my belly has gotten at this time seeing as how when I was pregnant with Carly at the smae time I was so much smaller.

So today at my regular OB office I had my 20 week anatomy scan. The baby looks healthy and is such a little wiggle worm. We got to see her yawn during the ultrasound which was the cutest ting ever! I had Ryan video the whole thing. I post a link to it later. It always amazes me to see lil babies inside a mothers womb. Who can't beleive in God when seeing something so perfect and amazing? Well anyways at the end of the u/s the tech ask me what my EDD was. I told her it was 12/30/08. She said that according to her measurements she was getting an EDD of 1/5/09. That's 1 day shy of being a week behind in growth. She said they don't start to worry until they are 2 weeks or more behind in growth. Well I knew that already seeing as how I went through it with Carly. But it does have me concerned. On the 29th of July my scan came back fine with her measuring on time. And right about 3 weeks later she's measuring a week behind. I just pray that God keeps this litte girl healthy and allows her to grow and get the nutrients she needs. Right now according to the u/s she weighs 13 ounces. That what Carly weighed when I delivered her. So I know that's gotta be better some. I wonder if it's my uterus causing this? I have a bicournate or T shaped uterus. I've read that there is a higher risk for IUGR with women who become pregnant and have mis-shaped uterus. Well right now all I can do is pray an d lift Hannah up to the Lord. And I hope that if you are reading this blog that you too will do the same and pray for our little girl. I have another appointment on the 19th of September and hopefully I'll have some good news. But if she hasn't improved or has fallen futher behind in growth I'm sure I'll be making that trip back to the high risk OB. So just remember Ryan and I and this little innocent child that I'm carrying.

Here's my most recent pic. Not the prettiest pic of me but it's a pic none the less.
21 weeks
20w6d

6 comments:

EmilyGoss said...

I'm so happy to hear your having a baby girl! I was heart broken when I heard of Carly's death. Baby Hannah will be in my prayers.
God bless
~emily

Grace said...

I will most definitely be praying for you and little one.

cincymomof4 said...

Hi, I found your link through the Freemans. I have been a prayer warrior for baby Kayleigh for months and now little Hannah is in my prayers as well. I visited your site dedicated to Carly and she was a beautiful baby. She will be a part of your heart forever until you hold her again, and you will.
It sounds like Hannah is growing perfectly. Babycenter.com has a wonderful ultrasound board and the techs can help you with any concerns you may have. I will be checking in and praying for your family and little Hannah. I think it is wonderful that God has blessed you with another precious one after what you have been through. Truly a miracle in the making.
Karen, Cincinnati, Ohio

Anonymous said...

Hi, I also found your blog through the Freemans. I am pregnant with a little boy and due just 2 weeks after you. I'm also going through a high-risk pregnancy and I know how hard this can all be. I'll be praying for Hannah! If you want to see my blog about this pregnancy, it's at http://gloryrevealed.wordpress.com
-Sara

~KaSeY~ said...

Good Luck & god bless this tiny miracle of life you carry. May god grant you & your husband the strength ,love, health & support that you will need. Hugs & many prayers !
~Kasey

Stephanie said...

You don't know me and I don't know you, but I have felt the pain of losing a child. My firstborn, my perfect daughter Madeline, was stillborn at 41 weeks. I have just learned of the loss of your sweet children through Carly Dudley, and I wanted you to know that I am thinking of your family. My heart is breaking for you. I know there are no words that can fix what has been shattered for you, so I won't try. Please know I am here if you ever need to talk. You can contact me at mjc157@yahoo.com or through beautyinthebreakdownart.blogspot.com.
I am wishing you moments of peace and comfort in these dark days.
with much love,
Stephanie