Sunday, August 31, 2008

22w4d

Well it's been a little while since my last post. Things so far are okay. Little Miss Hannah has been such a wiggle worm. I absolutly love to feel her move. I could lay around for hours just feeling her. It's an amazing feeling to have this little person move around inside of you. I didn't feel Carly much at all. She may have kicked my cervix a total of 20 times and my belly MAYBE twice once that I'm sure of though. So this is quite some change. It's like all of this is completly new to me.

My days off from work are Wed. and Thur. of every week. The past 2 days I was off Ryan and I started on getting the nursery ready. Again sometihng new to me seeing as how we didn't get anything ready for Carly. We started off by clearing out the room and taking everything hanging on the wals off. I puttied the holes and sanded them. I painted the spots I puttied with paint from the attic. I knew all the paint from when we remodled was up there so I had Ryan get it for me. After I touched up the walls I kept going back to see how things were looking. Well needless to say things weren't looking quite right. Ryan assured me that wet paint always looks a little different and it would blend in after it dried. Well about 3 hours later it looked no different and my walls were splochy. I touched every single spot and they were all completly dry!!! I got to looking on the can of paint we used and noticed that we used the semi-gloss. See all of our walls in our house are the same color. And all the walls have benn painted with a flat paint. Except for the bathrooms and the garage (we turned it into a second den). So apparently the only paint we had left off the same color was the semi-gloss. And it looked horible on top of the flat paint. And we didn't hae enough to do the whole room. So Ryan and I had to go to Home Depot and grab enough paint to cover the walls in semi-gloss. This is really turning out to be more work than I imagined. Well after getting the paint and getting back home it was time to head out for Wed. Night Bible Study. By time I got back home it was almost 9:30. I was tired and ready for bed but Ryan talked me into getting the room tapped up so we could start painting the following morning. Well that led into lets just get one wall done, to well lets just finish out the paint left in the pan, to we only have one wall left lets just finish it now. So By 12am the room was completly painted. I was so exausted! And when I laied down to sleep Hannah though it would be a great time to wake up and play!!! I finally fell asleep 2 hours later. The next morning rolled around and we tried to put things together and put the room in some sort of orrder. We hung part of the boarder but I only bought one roll and it was definatley NOT enough. It only did one wall. So we still have the boarder to finish. And we still other odds and ends to do such as decorate the walls and recover the glider to match the room. And a few other things. And I'm sure I think of more as we work on it. We did get the crib last Thursday evening and I was super excited. I was so ready to put it together when we got it home. So excited I was willing to wait just a while longer to eat my dinner just to get it up! LOL Well I got it up and noticed it had no toddler rail or rails to turn it into a full size bed. I called the store the next day and they told me that I would have to buy both of the items sepertely. I was so shocked! I can't beleive I paied that much money for JUST a crib! The toddler rail is $60 and the big kid rails are $130. And I can't even get them now because I have to pay my card down some first seeing as how I maxed it out in one trip to Babies R Us. But hey....I got everything I need now! LOL

So here are some pics of the room as it is now. It's still not finished but hopefully it will be done in the next month or so.

This was what the room looked like after we made our boo-boo








6 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

What a beautiful nursery. I linked to your blog about Carly through Ferris Joye's blog, and I went to the beginning, and read your whole story. I have never had any type of experience like yours, but your story touched me as a mother. I have tried to watch the slide show, but have had trouble getting through it. :0( I will follow your story on your new baby and pray for your family.

EmilyGoss said...

Her room is adorable! You guys did a great job!

J&J said...

Hi Rachel,

I'm a friend of Rodney & Nikki's. I was so sorry to hear about Carly but am so glad that God has blessed you and your husband with another daughter. I look forward to following Hannah's story.

Jessica

Adam said...

Great job on the room guys! Sorry you all had to go through a little trouble to get it completely finished, but it is not the end result but the journey that matters. That is true with all things in life. You will apreciate the hard work you put in to the room and always have a story to tell :) I hope you all are doing well and I pray you have a wonderful week :)

Adam & Aimee

mommy559 said...

I just wanted to tell you that your daughter's room is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry for your losses. i have lost two girls myself...Emi at 22weeks in 2007 and Daniella at 23 weeks this year. this is a devestating experience and i want you to know you are not aloen and that i am thinking of you and husband and of course of you sweet girls that must be playing with mine in Heaven right now...
i was just taken aback becuase you had the same nursery design that I had picked out for Daniella...not that I ever got to use it...