Monday, December 15, 2008

Dear God,

I come to you now laying Kayleigh at your feet. Father you know her struggles and you know her family's fears and concerns. Father I pray to you know that you watch over sweet Kayleigh and heal her tiny body. I pray that you allow her to grow quickly and overcome this battle with hypertension. I pray that these new meds the doctors are using work and work fast. I ask you to give Kayleigh the strength and courage to continue fighting. I pray that you give her parents the strength and courage to continue through this battle with Kayleigh. Give them peace as well. Father I have no clue why things happen the way they do. And I have no clue as to why things happen to certin people. But Father I trust in you to lead, guide and direct us in all we encounter. We know you don't cause things to happen but we KNOW that you will give us what we need to carry on. We can only keep faith in knowing that You are God and that You will never leave nor forsake us. Father You have given us Your Son Christ to die on a cross for our sins so that we can live eternally with you in heaven. Such a large sacrafice makes the things we go through so small. But You know Father that to us the obstacals we face in life are hard on us. And I know that you are always there to comfort us and catch our tears as they fall. Father Kayleigh and her family need you right now! They need you to let them know that you are still God and You are still with them! They need you to comfort them. I pray that You do all these things and that You just give them the peace in knowing that You will hold and comfort them no matter what! Again Father I just pray that you wrap you arms around Kayleigh and heal her little body. Hold Adam and Ammie as they go through this with her. We are waiting on you Lord. And we have faith in knowing Your will be done! Father lay your hands on the doctors and allow them to quickly know and treat any old or new problems that may come Kayleighs way. Give the doctors the knowledge to care for her in the way that needs to be done. Father we love you and give you all the honor, praise and glory. Thank You so much for all the things you have given to us and Kayleigh's family. Thank You for all You've done, are doing, and will do. We praise You and thank You, in Jesus name...Amen

7 comments:

Carly Marie said...

Praying for this beautiful family.

x

The Woollard Family said...

That is such a beautiful prayer. I to have a prayer on my blog for them. They continue to stay in my thoughts and prayers.

-The Woollard Family

caryn said...

Beautiful prayer.

Sarah said...

Amen!

Peyton and Paisley's Mommy said...

No problem. We know how it feels to be there and they need God for strength and comfort no matter what. He will be there to get them through this difficult time. God bless them and you for being so wonderful and for your faith.

Heather Plis said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing that beautiful prayer. I am sure that the Freeman's are so grateful to have you praying for them. My heart is also with you as you continue to heal. My life has forever been touched by your family and the Freeman's. I have found myself more grateful, more faithful and more loving. I appreciate your honesty in your blog...thank you for sharing with so many strangers.

jaeree said...

Rachel
I read your prayer for kayleigh, and I know ther were others out there for you as well for both Carly and Hannah. we dont know Gods plans but we know they are perfect.we shed tears and lose our way sometimes because we are not perfect, but we are blessed in the knowledge of Christ as our Savior and we will all be reunited. Life indeed can be hard if we allow it to take us under, you as my precious daughter know the trials and tribulations our family has been through. You my wonderful daughter have a gift of giving , always have, and thru that have encouraged all you know to pray for Kayleigh and her family, along with any other that needs prayer and encouragement.